Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Taxes not calculated correctly

VicSkim is offline Junior Member

Default Taxes not calculated correctly

I have had two orders go through our system that did not calculate the tax correctly. All products have been checked taxable (at the variant level), I am using the Tax Class of "Goods" and have set up Goods to be at the CA tax level, am using the billing address for the tax calculation, and have not set up any Customer Level tax discounts.

The first order in question had two different products on the order and one product was charged tax and the other was not. In this order, both the ship to and bill to were CA addresses.

The second order in question had one product on the order and it did not get taxed. In this order, both the ship to and bill to were CA addresses.

I am not sure what else can be done and need to get the taxes handled correctly. Are there any suggestions?

My store is ---- store.victoriaskimboards.com and I am using ML8.

Thanks.
    Victoria Skimboards

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

Default TaxCalcMode billing or shipping?

There is a known bug in ML8 when using TaxCalcMode = billing. Unless you have discovered otherwise from your state tax authorities, you should most likely be using TaxCalcMode = shipping anyway.

This varies from state to state, but tends to be shipping address unless the products are an electronically delivered product (e-books, e-documents, and electronically delivered software), which are usually considered to be shipped to your credit card billing address.

CHECK WITH YOUR STATE TAX AUTHORITIES
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support