Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Sorting Products by Category in Admin v9013sp1 with admin service pack

netprocity is offline Member

Default Sorting Products by Category in Admin v9013sp1 with admin service pack

Hi,

Since i upgraded to the sp1 & admin service pack the way we find products are different. We used to go to the manage categories area and list products for any particular category and from there we could edit those products, or clone, etc.

Now it seems the edit functionality is no longer in that area. You can certainly do other things, but not edit any of the products (at least I can't find a way).

So the other way is to go into "Manage Products", but I can't filter them by category. I really need to see the products by category to decide which of them to edit. Is this functionality no longer available or am I missing how to do it somewhere?

I simply want to select any of our categories, see the products that are inside that category and be able to edit those products.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    James

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Hi

When you have the full range of products check the "Show Selected Only" box.

This should do it.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default where is check the "Show Selected Only" box

Where is the check the "Show Selected Only" box located?

netprocity is offline Member

Yes, I have done that and it shows all the products in the category, but there is no option to edit those. In the older version the name of the product was hyperlinked to an edit page, and now it just lists them without the link (or at least I can't find an edit option).

Any idea?
    James

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

If I'm not mistaken, this "click product name link" was removed in the 9013 SP1 admin patch...
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

guptaat is offline Member

Default Products By Category

To my surpirse I found the same thing when I downloaded the latest version. When you click on products under category.. it lists all products names only.. and they are NOT filtered by category but rather its just a list of all products

But when you click on display order, only products for that category shows.

The only way to edit a product seems to be by going thru product manager and remembering to search for each and every product in that category.. whihc is really pain in the rear...

Pretty much all times we edit products by category.. This is a step backward.. Any input why this change was made?

If it has to do with bugs or stability then seems like customers are being penalized for ASPDNSF's mistakes/

Thanks
    Amit
    Last edited by guptaat; 03-09-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: addition of word NOT and clarification

Clicking on SE Fields or Inventory/Prices does allow you to change some fields but not all.

Jason.Shehane is offline Junior Member

Angry Downgraded to Latest Version

We just upgraded to the VERY latest 9.1.0.1

I find it extremely puzzling that the links to edit products under categories is missing? We have OVER 10,000 products, all neatly categorized. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to edit products without drilling down through categories? This is just another, "downgrade" that we've discovered in the "upgrade" that Vortex... I mean aspdotnetstorefront is selling. Very dissatisfied
    Jason Shehane
    Ace Industries, Inc.

Yeah I decided to hold off upgrading. Were still on 9.0.1.3

Will build a dev version to see what issues arise but until then I think that we will wait!

neteam is offline Junior Member

Default Links to edit products hack

This is a hack, not a solution! Implement it on your own risk.

1. Download jQuery and save it the to Admin/Scripts folder
    http://docs.jquery.com/Downloading_j...urrent_Release

2. Include jQuery inside the head tag of Admin/entityEdit.aspx
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Scripts/jquery-1.6.2.min.js"></script>

3. On the bottom of the Admin/entityEdit.aspx page just before the closing body tag enter the following code:

<script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[
    var elements = $(".GridRow_Office2007");
    var elements2 = $(".GridAltRow_Office2007");

for (var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
    {
    var eid = elements[i].childNodes[2].childNodes[1].innerHTML;
    var ename = elements[i].childNodes[3].childNodes[1].innerHTML;

elements[i].childNodes[3].childNodes[1].innerHTML = '<a href="entityEditProducts.aspx?iden=' + eid + '&entityName=CATEGORY">' + ename + '</a>';
    }

for (var i = 0; i < elements2.length; i++)
    {
    var eid = elements2[i].childNodes[2].childNodes[1].innerHTML;
    var ename = elements2[i].childNodes[3].childNodes[1].innerHTML;

elements2[i].childNodes[3].childNodes[1].innerHTML = '<a href="entityEditProducts.aspx?iden=' + eid + '&entityName=CATEGORY">' + ename + '</a>';
    }
    //]]>
    </script>

This will make the product name a link that takes you to the product edit page.

Mike
    Neteam Solutions Inc.
    Last edited by neteam; 07-13-2011 at 09:55 AM.

hotdog is offline Member

Default This is crazy

I agree - this is insane. This does seem like a step backwards. The ability to sort and/or filter the products by category, manufacturer, distributor, section, etc. should be a part of the very foundation of the admin. Seriously, I have over 50,000 items (and we're about to import nearly 20,000 more). It's nearly impossibe to manage anything without being able to pull up the products by category/subcategory. Now I have to pull up every product by SKU one at a time (which it doesn't always find - sometimes I have to click the search button 3 or 4 times for it to eventually return the link - caching issue maybe?), so this can get VERY frustrating. :sigh:
    I hope the next SP has a patch for it

locklind is offline Junior Member

Default Open Products for Edit from Category List

Thought I'd share what I did to turn the product name into a link from Categories page. The following will turn Product Name into a link within the products list, opening a new popup modal window on top of the current pop modal window and when closed the categories' product list will still be there.

/{folder for your admin section}/controls/EntityProductmap.aspx -

Comment out the label
    Code:
    <asp:Label ID="lblName" runat="server" Text='<%# ML_Localize(DataItemAs<AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.Controls.ProductEntityMapInfo>(Container).Name) %>'></asp:Label>
    Add a linkbutton below the commented out label:
    Code:
    <asp:LinkButton ID="lnkName" runat="server" Text='<%# ML_Localize(DataItemAs<AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.Controls.ProductEntityMapInfo>(Container).Name) %>'></asp:LinkButton>
    /{folder for your admin section}/controls/EntityProductmap.aspx.cs -

In the Using Directives section, at the top of the code page add
    Code:
    using System.Text;
    Within the function protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e) add:
    Code:
    //  copied from the ProductsGrid.ascx with some mods to the js to popup a new 
    // start of add
    window from a popup window
                string gridID = ctrlSearch.FindControl("grdMap").ClientID;            

StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();

#region RadWindow Javascript Functions
                sb.Append("<script type=\"text/javascript\">                                                                                        \r\n");
                sb.Append("function GetRadWindow()                                                                                                  \r\n");
                sb.Append("{                                                                                                                        \r\n");
                sb.Append("        var oWindow = null; if (window.radWindow)                                                                        \r\n");
                sb.Append("        oWindow = window.radWindow; else if (window.frameElement.radWindow)                                              \r\n");
                sb.Append("        oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow; return oWindow;                                                         \r\n");
                sb.Append("}                                                                                                                        \r\n");
                /*Instantiates a new modal window with the Edit Product page in edit mode*/
                sb.Append("function ShowEditForm(id, rowIndex)                                                                                      \r\n");
                sb.Append("{                                                                                                                        \r\n");
                sb.Append("     var grid = $find(\"" + gridID + "\");                                                                               \r\n");
                sb.Append("                                                                                                                         \r\n");
                sb.Append("     var rowControl = grid.get_masterTableView().get_dataItems()[rowIndex].get_element();                                \r\n");
                sb.Append("     grid.get_masterTableView().selectItem(rowControl, true);                                                            \r\n");
                sb.Append("                                                                                                                         \r\n");
                sb.Append("     var oBrowserWnd = GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow;                                                                     \r\n");
                sb.Append("     oBrowserWnd.radopen(\"entityEditProducts.aspx?iden=\" + id + \"&entityName=CATEGORY\", \"rdwEditProduct\");              \r\n");
                sb.Append("     return false;                                                                                                       \r\n");
                sb.Append("}                                                                                                         \r\n");
                sb.Append("</script>                                                                                                                \r\n");
                #endregion

ClientScriptManager cs = Page.ClientScript;

cs.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.Page.GetType(), Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), sb.ToString());
                // end of add
    Within the function protected void grdMap_ItemCreated(Object sender, GridItemEventArgs e) add the follow code right below ProductEntityMapInfo productMapInfo in code:
    Code:
     ProductEntityMapInfo productMapInfo = e.Item.DataItem as ProductEntityMapInfo;
                if (productMapInfo == null)
                    return;
                // start of add
                var lnkName = e.Item.FindControl<LinkButton>("lnkName");

if (lnkName != null)
                {
                    lnkName.Attributes["src"] = "#";
                    lnkName.Attributes["onClick"] = String.Format("return ShowEditForm('{0}','{1}');", productMapInfo.ProductId.ToString(), e.Item.ItemIndex);
                    lnkName.Attributes["style"] = "cursor:pointer;";
                }
                //end of add
    Should end up with this:
    Name:  Category_ProductNameLinks.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  84.1 KB