Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Change order numbering

knuttall is offline Junior Member

Default Change order numbering

I am trying to change the order numbering to start with a "W" for example order number W810000. I have entered the code "dbcc checkident(OrderNumbers, reseed, W810000)" into the Run SQL Command page as the manual says to do. It gave me this error message back.

ERROR: Exception=Parameter 3 is incorrect for this DBCC statement.

Can someone please help. This has to be changed in order for our ordering database to work correctly.

Thanks

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

You will not be able to do this easily. As it is, Order Number is an int in the database. There are many tables that reference this and would need to be modified. A major re-write of the software would need to be done to allow letters in the order number.