Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Setting up a dev. environment (visual studio, dreamweaver, IIS, .NET 2.0 framework)?

Johanaero is offline Junior Member

Default Setting up a dev. environment (visual studio, dreamweaver, IIS, .NET 2.0 framework)?

just started programming, trying to set up a dev. environment on my PC. I like the Visual Studio IDE for coding vb.net but I like dreamweaver better for the actual page deisgn process. Anyone know where i can find a tutorial or explain how to set up Dreamweaver to work with IIS/.NET installed locally? Visual Studio and Visual Web Dev work fine and I can see the pages I have been coding in Dreamweaver but when I preview the page in Dreamweaver it says i need to specify a test server and server technology. I cant seem to get this working.

Wade73 is offline Junior Member

This might be a better question for the Dreamweaver product forum, since they probably run into this issue all the time.

farrukhsubhani is offline Junior Member

Go to Manage sites section in Dreamweaver CS5 or later and Add a site or select one if you have already added one. Then on the left you will see servers menu just below the site menu. Click on it and add a new server by giving it a name and select local network or Whatever you are comfortable with. Then click on Advance and at the bottom choose ASP.Net C# or ASP.Net VB as server model.
    Thats it.