Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Partial shipments

garyjj19 is offline Junior Member

Default Partial shipments

I'm currently evaluating the software and would like to know if it's possible to pick and ship individual items from a multiple item order?

For instance, if a customer orders two items, and one is pending stock, is it possible to send a receipt or just the shipped item, then send the receipt for the remaining item when it comes into stock?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Hi there, thanks for taking a look at our application!

While we do support partial payments through ad-hoc charges, we don't support sending receipts for just parts of the order. If a receipt's sent, it's the whole thing.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Need multiple invoices

By having multiple notification files available on the bulk print page. Then you could choose a partial receipt.

garyjj19 is offline Junior Member

OK thanks for the replies. If, however, I wanted a facility where on the customers order details page, I could just tick a box to mark an item as sent, could this be implemented as a custom add on by yourselves? If so, what kind of amount are we looking at?

This is really the only sticking point at the moment, as we don't want to notify customers that an entire order has shipped if we're still waiting for stock.

Thanks for the quick reply by the way!!

nharkrader is offline Junior Member

Default Partial Shipments

You will need 3rd party software to modify orders and send partial shipment receipts. We are looking at a back-end management software that is around $4K.

Quote Originally Posted by garyjj19 View Post
    OK thanks for the replies. If, however, I wanted a facility where on the customers order details page, I could just tick a box to mark an item as sent, could this be implemented as a custom add on by yourselves? If so, what kind of amount are we looking at?

This is really the only sticking point at the moment, as we don't want to notify customers that an entire order has shipped if we're still waiting for stock.

Thanks for the quick reply by the way!!