Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Need assistance with Multiple Images

ubrightlights is offline Junior Member

Default Need assistance with Multiple Images

I am loading about 1500 products into the store. I will have about 5-10 images per product and many of the images will be used 100's of times over. A good way to think about this...I'm selling 1500 shirts...100 are blue.

Making 100 copies of a blue color picture and assigning item numbers to them is a waste of space and time. Is there a way to avoid this?

What is the best method for me to use in order to get all of these images assigned to the products? Any way to assign one picture to 100 different products?

Thanks for the assistance with this. Could not find any solution to my problem by searching.

Danny

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Just use the Image Filename Override feature to specify a filename for each product to use. That way you can have tons of products sharing the same image.

ubrightlights is offline Junior Member

That feature doesnt work. It allows you to specify the filename for the main image but it isnt used for pictures 2-10.

I basically took a short cut of the long way.

Found a way to create a folder for each SKU (750 folders).
    Put all the pictures into one folder and found a program that allowed me to make multiple copies into many different folders.
    Then used another renaming program to rename all images in each folder to the folder name with the ASP numbering system _2_, _3_ and save all new files into one folder.
    From there I used a third program to watermark and resize all the images to icon, med, and large. They are ready to upload which will assign the images via SKU files names.

Took 2 days for the process including finding the right programs to use.

Not too bad but thanks for the response - maybe one day asp will correct this flawed imaging system. Why not just create a space in the excel sheet to add URLs for all the individual images.