Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Error message "The cardholder authentication value is invalid"

deselt is offline Senior Member

Default Error message "The cardholder authentication value is invalid"

We have Authorize.net and when customer finalizing order and click final Place Order getting message The cardholder authentication value is invalid.
    We contact Authorize.net and they send us email.
    "The error can be resolved by removing the x_cardholder_authentication_value variable from the website coding.

Anybody know how to fix this problem?

nharkrader is offline Junior Member

Default The cardholder authentication value is invalid.

We are also running into this same issue with authroize.net. We will be looking into this and hopefully come up with a solution soon.

mchollett is offline Junior Member

Default Having same problem and same response from Authorize.net

I'm running:

AspDotNetStorefront ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.3 SP1

Authorize.net said I was sending information in the wrong field. Sounds like the CCV number is being put in the AVS field. AVS is the extra protection (read - costs more) provided by verified by visa or the extra service offered by mastercard.

Right now I cannot process a credit card without taking of the check CCV setting.

Anyone file a ticket ?

Thanks,
    Mark

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's a known issue that we have a patch for. Submit a ticket and we'll get you the update you need.

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

This will be the 3rd patch I'm having to install to get my prod environment to work correctly.

Is there a list of known bugs with patches so I can install whichever ones I know I need instead of waiting for the client to get upset and contact me to fix it?

pkm32 is offline Junior Member

Default Any Updates?

Any further information on this issue? Did support solve your Authnet problem?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Any further information on this issue? Did support solve your Authnet problem?
    I posted 3 weeks ago that this was a known issue with a fix available.

That's a known issue that we have a patch for. Submit a ticket and we'll get you the update you need.
    We've since released a new version that has the fix built in, so either submit a ticket as I said above for the patch, or upgrade to the latest release and you'll be all set.

mquinto is offline Junior Member

Default Same error "The cardholder authentication value is invalid"

Did anyone find a solution or was the patch the fix? We are currently down.