Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: SightMax Live Chat Co-Browse Working Successfully?

valentim is offline Senior Member

Default SightMax Live Chat Co-Browse Working Successfully?

Does anyone in the community have SightMax co-browse functionality working correctly?

We're in the process of troubleshooting co-browsing functionality in SightMax 7.5 with ASPDNSF 8.0.1.2 and would love to know if others have gotten this functionality to work correctly.

Thanks!
    Matthew
    Aydus Consulting
    Strategy+Development+Design=The Aydus Difference

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Yes, we have it and it works fine. What type of issue(s) are you having? Dragos got it all setup for me.

Thanks for the response! May I ask what version of ASPDNSF you're using and what kind of hosting e.g. shared, dedicated, cloud etc.

Co-browsing https pages is a key issue e.g. shopping cart page etc.
    Matthew
    Aydus Consulting

Im using it on both 8.0.1.3 and 9.0.1.3. Im on a dedicated server and the chat software is installed on a sub-domain.

so main site is www.mymainsite.com and chat is chat.mymainsite.com. I have a cheap godaddy ssl cert for chat.mymainsite.com.

However, co-browsing on the https pages doesnt work really. When someone is in the checkout process the co-browsed page shows "im sorry but your cart is empty". I suspect, in fact I know, this is because of the subdomain setup im using.

Thank you - this is very helpful! We're seeing the exact same behavior i.e. the shopping cart is always empty and we're "not" using chat on a subdomain and have no additional ssl certificate.

Co-browsing also shows the customer as always logged out. Even though the customer is actually logged in. We see this behavior in the websites header where the "Login" link is always displayed. Are you experiencing this too?

Thanks!
    Matthew
    Aydus Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by valentim View Post
    Thank you - this is very helpful! We're seeing the exact same behavior i.e. the shopping cart is always empty and we're "not" using chat on a subdomain and have no additional ssl certificate.

Co-browsing also shows the customer as always logged out. Even though the customer is actually logged in. We see this behavior in the websites header where the "Login" link is always displayed. Are you experiencing this too?

Thanks!
    Yes, we do see that as well.

SightMax support has now confirmed this as expected behavior. Thanks for confirming this with us - much appreciated!
    Matthew
    Aydus Consulting