Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Front page layout problem

labman is offline Junior Member

Default Front page layout problem

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes. I have ver ML7. I have designed a page to go into the topic "hometopintro" page. I designed it in dreamweaver and dropped the code into the the editor. Everything displays fine in the editor but when I update the topic into the site the absolute positions for some of the graphics take their references from the edge of the frames and display incorrectly.

Anyone got the same problem or know of a fix?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

Without seeing your html code, it's difficult to be accurate but it sounds like your absolute items are correctly taking their position reference from their nearest relative positioned parent element.... but this parent element isn't the same as when you test outside of ASPDNSF.

What you might need to do, is wrap your whole hometopintro in a <dlv class="x"> and to give this a style with position:relative. In this way, you have complete control over the absolute positions of all the items within the topic.... and they'll be consistent both inside and outside of ASPDNSF.

Adam

labman is offline Junior Member

yes, I've got my whole front page (hometopintro) in a wrapper div but when I add a relative apdiv it moves the content inside the wrapper div downwards.