Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: coupon - free shipping - limited proucts

nizam_adnsf is offline Junior Member

Default coupon - free shipping - limited proucts

Is it possible to set up a coupon code for "Free Ground Shipping" on just 1 product or any number of products? am using ML 8.0 and NOT using RealTime Shipping methods.

Thanks,
    Nizam

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That's possible, yes.

In the coupon setup, you need the following attributes to be set:
    *Discount Includes Free Shipping: YES
    Valid For Product(s): specify what product is to be free of charge

In the appconfig, set ShippingMethodIDIfFreeShippingIsOn to the Shipping Method ID that you want to mark as having free shipping (i.e. Ground, etc). The ID can be retrieved from configurations -> Shipping -> Shipping method.

MudDiver is offline Member

Would the customer be required to enter a coupon code for this to work?
    Jason Giles
    IT Manager / Web Services
    WTS Media
    www.wtsmedia.com

Ex-Jesse is offline Member

Yes... but it's going to add free shipping to the whole order. Free Shipping is an all or nothing thing. If you're looking to have specific products be "cost free" for shipping in and of themselves you're going to have to tweak the logic to remove the product before recieving rates. You can find that in the AspDotNetStorefrontCore/ShippingCalculations/MyShippingMethod file and it will require source.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Jesse View Post
    Yes... but it's going to add free shipping to the whole order. Free Shipping is an all or nothing thing. If you're looking to have specific products be "cost free" for shipping in and of themselves you're going to have to tweak the logic to remove the product before recieving rates. You can find that in the AspDotNetStorefrontCore/ShippingCalculations/MyShippingMethod file and it will require source.
    Thanks, after fooling around with it I came to that same conclusion that it was all or nothing. I do have the source for the site and I have customized the heck out of it already! So one more thing is no big deal, was just hoping it could be done with native functionality..

Thanks!
    Jason Giles
    WTS Media
    www.wtsmedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Jesse View Post
    You can find that in the AspDotNetStorefrontCore/ShippingCalculations/MyShippingMethod file and it will require source.
    Is that in the core, I don't see that one.
    Jason Giles
    WTS Media
    www.wtsmedia.com

Ex-Jesse is offline Member

It's in the core. ShippingCalculation folder if you're viewing the solution in VS2k8. It's got all sorts of classes named based on the shipping method type, IE: AllOrdersHaveFreeShippingCalculation, UseFixedPercentageOfTotalShippingCalculation, etc.

I use real time rates, so I had to add my custom logic in the UseRealTimeRatesShippingCalculation.vb. The function is GetShippingMethods. At the beginning, the s_methods variaible is dimensioned and filled from the RTShipping object. Before you do that, you'll want to iterate through your cart, remove every item that you designate as "is Free Shipping", and store them in an array. Get Your shipping methods then, and re-add the array to the cart. That way the shipping methods are blind of these products, but they are still present.
    Last edited by Ex-Jesse; 03-30-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Yeah, I see it now, didn't realize it was a folder so I ignored the folder. Thanks, I'll start looking there.
    Jason Giles
    WTS Media
    www.wtsmedia.com