Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Retrieve Specific Fields with Built-in Operative

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Default Retrieve Specific Fields with Built-in Operative

When using WSI to retrieve information, is it possible to specify which fields are wanted?

For example a simple operation to get all Manufacturers gets the entire table:

<AspDotNetStorefrontImport Verbose="false">
    <GetEntityHelper EntityType="Manufacturer"/>
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>

Is there a way to get only ID and Name?

I know I can do this using embedded SQL but then I have to include the db name and we have multiple copies of aspdnsf and they all have different db names which makes the programming much more difficult.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The only way to achieve what you want would be like below, other than that customization is required:

<ExecuteSQL Name="string">
    <SQL>
    <![CDATA[
    select FieldName from TableName where whatever clause you want
    ]]>
    </SQL>
    </ExecuteSQL>

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Alfred,

I believe that method requires the db name. I just built my sql with a db_name variable that I fill in at run time depending on which site was selected.

It's not as "clean" as I'd like but it works OK.

Thanks for your response.

Tom