Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: 2nd Payment Gateway - Where and How

Pictoric is offline Junior Member

Default 2nd Payment Gateway - Where and How

I'd like to get someone's opinion with regards to the following:
    1. We use authorize.net as the main payment gateway.
    2. We need to add a 2nd gateway to handle a payment by "gift card" process. This is really the same as any credit card except we obviously are just going to ask for Name and Card Number.

The gateway code is pretty much written, however it seems the best way to integrate this into the cart is via an add in? What I don't understand is how specifically this addin is called or where? The documentation for add ins is almost non existant and there are no examples or anything with regards to add ins for payment gateways or even their use.

Does anyone have some insight or thoughts on this or should we just not build the add in and add the gateway class directly to the code? Thanks in advance.

Muckman is offline Junior Member

As far as I know, you can have only ONE gateway and a 2nd fallback gateway if the primary gateway is not available.

I think you need a new Payment Option not a gateway.