Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: E commerce mod - 301Redirect - need some help

Classic_Exotic is offline Member

Default E commerce mod - 301Redirect - need some help

I need to do 301 redirects for a large number of items on our site. I purchased and installed the app 301Redirect from Ecommerce/compunix. I am having an issue getting this to work - maybe some of you that have installed this can advise:

We have a static portion of our website (www.classicandexotic.com) and a dynamic portion (www.classicandexotic.com/store) that our storefront is on.

Both of the 301redirect files from the installation are located in the /store files of our website.

I have changed the webconfig file at the redirect line that was noted in the installation instructions. I have also change the 404 redirect file on our server to point to the 301redirect file as noted on the installation instructions.

I entered and tested some 301redirects and they always resolve to the defualt 'product cannot be found' page rather than the web address I entered for them to resolve to.

I have tried this with the webconfig info changed to "301redirect.aspx" and "/store/301redierct.aspx" Neither work.

Has anyone has this issue? Can someone provide some advice to get this going? I know this is a problem on our end, but cannot determine what we are doing wrong.
    Classic & Exotic Service, Inc.
    Specialty Parts For Prewar Cars
    www.classicandexotic.com

Is there someplace I'm not setting the 404 redirect at properly? I've changed the web.config file, right-clicked on the store directory folder and edited the custom error to point to the 301redirect.aspx file, as well as edited the asp.net configuration to send 404 errors to that file. I can't understand why it's still not working if I've changed all those locations to point to the file.

Someone in here must know something about this...
    www.classicandexotic.com

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Have you tried asking Compunix for help?
    They wrote it, sold it, & know it better than anyone.

TTFN

BFG

Yes - and that is going nowhere. They have attempted to figure out what the issue is, but cannot come to a solution. It seems this product works on every site but mine.
    www.classicandexotic.com

espey127 is offline Junior Member

Was this issue ever resolved? If so, how?

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Leslie we tried to contact you several times (on 1/27 +) as we do the installation of the 301Redirect for you (included in the price). We did not receive a response from you (so I don't know what support you were receiving?) and ended up receiving a charge back to our account.

If you like contact Jan at jsimacek@compunix.us directly and we will install the module for you if purchase it.
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)