Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Struggling to use XMLPackage - required parameters apparently not documented

nmarkroberts is offline Junior Member

Default Struggling to use XMLPackage - required parameters apparently not documented

Hi, I am new to this.

I want to put a category listing on the front page but I can't work out how, and Dr. Google has not yet helped.

The site is www.solbreads.com.au; it is currently using javascript redirect to achieve the aim.

Here are some examples of the code I have tried without luck, can anyone please advise with specific literal actual examples instead of posts that say things like "yourkey=yourvalue" because I cannot find documentation of what the required parameters are:

Try 1: <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:ShowCategory(5,'buy-sol-breads-online', false,'')" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

Try 2: <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:XmlPackage('entity.simpleproductli st.xml.config', 'EntityID=5&amp;EntityName=category&amp;SectionFil terId=1')" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

Thanks in anticipation!

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

Are you trying to do this from within your skin template files or from another XMLPackage? Can you also let us know which ASPDNSF version you are using?

nmarkroberts is offline Junior Member

The version is 8.0.1.1; the examples are my attempts to do it in page.default.xml.config.

I just want to show product on the home page, we have a very small number of products, and I don't mind how it is achieved.

I would be happy to do it in hometopintro if I could work out how to do it there.