Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Absolute path information is required.

tytyguy is offline Senior Member

Default Absolute path information is required.

Just installed ML 7.0.2.5. Getting error:

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Absolute path information is required.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Where is the site hosted at?

You'll have to address this with them, that's not something we can fix from here. Your server/site has to be configured to allow relative paths. They should know how to do that.

tytyguy is offline Senior Member

thanks for the reply... FYI the hosting is Server Intellect and ive contacted them. Thanks

redd38 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    Your server/site has to be configured to allow relative paths. They should know how to do that.
    Can you tell me how to do this in IIS7? I know how to enable parent paths for ASP, is that what you mean? I thought that only affected classic asp though, not asp.net. Are relative paths and parent paths the same thing?