Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Edit Appconfig file

cheesenips is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Edit Appconfig file

I was wondering how do I edit the appconfig file from outside the software.

I am moving my site and have everything moved over yet I am still checking things as if it was a DEV site. With that comes a problem because it is using a temp URL. Now because my site is set to use SSL on all important pages I can check anything including the ADMIN because i get redirected to the old host while it is still up and LIVE. I don't want to move my DNS info until I have checked everything.

I am using version 7.1

Can someone help me
    Last edited by cheesenips; 01-25-2011 at 07:02 PM.

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

All the information is held in the database. If you open up the table you should have access to everything you need.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Also, if your only concern is to turn off SSL, you can run an sql update something like:

Code:
    Update appconfig set ConfigValue = false where name ='UseSSL'
    Note: Make a full backup of your DB first, just in case.