Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Help needed

metals is offline Junior Member

Default Help needed

My admin account was locked due to too many incorrect tries.. I tried to login the db to run the SQL script to reset the password but could not login with the password on record. So I changed/updated the db password to reflect the password on record and I was able to login and run the script..

However, the new password evidentally does not match the one in the web.config file so the site is down: aspdotnetstorefront could not log in the database using the password in the web.config file. The password is enscrypted in the web.config file by checking the enscryption option in the ADNSF admin penel..

Does anyone know how to resolve this.

Thanks,

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You'll need to set the DB password back to whatever you set in the dbconn line in the web.config previously, so the application can start back up. Once you're able to log in, you can decrypt the web.config and make any db password changes you want.

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

Or you can just type in a new connection string in your web.config file. Just look at the installation source to see what the line should look like and make the appropriate substitutions.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM