Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Setting "customErrors=On" causes Windows Login request when attempt edit a product

equatek is offline Junior Member

Default Setting "customErrors=On" causes Windows Login request when attempt edit a product

Using AspDotNetStorefront ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.3 SP1

When I set the 'customErrors mode="On"' in web.config, the customer facing site works as expected. However, when logged in to the admin site and attempting to edit a product, a windows authentication/login dialog pops up. This is not the website login screen, it is the windows login screen as if something on the page requires different user credentials than the one the website is running as. Attempting to use a username/password fails for each one I try. (Neither windows user accounts, nor site accounts have worked). If I click the 'cancel' button, the same dialog will pop-up again. It does this 3 times.

If I set the 'customErrors mode="Off" again, the windows login doesn't popup.

Anyone have this happen to them and more importantly, know how to fix it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

equatek is offline Junior Member

Default aspdnsf:ProductCSVHelper on 'Options' tab causes the issue

I have tracked this down to the aspdnsf:ProductCSVHelper on the Options tab. There are 3 of them. Each one produces the 'PageNotFound' page to be rendered in its box.

To work around the issue, I set the visibility of each control to false.

Quote Originally Posted by equatek View Post

When I set the 'customErrors mode="On"' in web.config, the customer facing site works as expected. However, when logged in to the admin site and attempting to edit a product, a windows authentication/login dialog pops up. This is not the website login screen, it is the windows login screen as if something on the page requires different user credentials than the one the website is running as. Attempting to use a username/password fails for each one I try. (Neither windows user accounts, nor site accounts have worked). If I click the 'cancel' button, the same dialog will pop-up again. It does this 3 times.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gilligan is offline Junior Member

Default Remove jquery line from entityeditproduct.aspx or rollback to pre-Admin Update fix

I too found the same error with the edit products prompting for windows authentication password and no matter which account was used, the edit window would never work right afterwards/ Clicking cancel three (3) times seems to get you past the error, but making any edit results in an error and you're hosed after that.

I realized that removing the jquery reference in the entityeditproduct.aspx (see below), the problem will go away. Seems to be an issue calling the new search functions, which I have yet to see work.

Remove the line ' <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script> ' and edit products will work.

I also tried updating to jquery 1.5 with no luck. My guess is this bug is something that was discovered in the Admin update testing and hoping the real problem will be identified quickly so we can use the new features. Running W2K3, IIS6, ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.3 SP1 with Admin update.

FYI - if you remove the 9.0.1.3 SP1 Admin update, there is no problem. The last version works without issue.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

kscelfo is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Same problem, different manifestation, slightly differnet approach to fixing

I can verify that the proposed solution works... my fix differing only in that I removed the three controls completely from the entityEditProducts.aspx file of the administration site directory.

The problem showed up differently for me than in the original post in that once the CustomErrors mode was set to On or RemoteOnly I could get to the edit product screen (RadWindow control) and view it's contents, but once I decided to save my changes the generic error masking page (or default error redirect page if set) would pop up inside the RadWindow.

In troubleshooting the event log was incredibly unhelpful. Changing the customErrors mode to off didn't reveal any trouble whatsoever. Finally, with customErrors turned back on, Firebug indicated an issue with the paths that started with x-ajax.productcsvhelper.aspx hopefully the additional information on troubleshooting will help search engines to be more helpful to the next person who finds themselves in this trap and may consider taking to less secure route to making the issue go away.

I have tracked this down to the aspdnsf:ProductCSVHelper on the Options tab. There are 3 of them. Each one produces the 'PageNotFound' page to be rendered in its box.

To work around the issue, I set the visibility of each control to false.

campbelt101 is offline Member

To just let folks know if they run into this post, I too had an issue with the edit product page.

The page would load, and show the first tab, but then it would go blank and do nothing. The first issue I found causing (or aggrevating) this was that this particular user had gone to our web site without the www attached to the beginning.

But that alone did not fix it. In the entityEditProducts.aspx file I set this line:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script>
    to this:

Code:
    <%-- <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script>--%>
    Now everything appears to work.

I had wondered if this is causes by renaming the Admin directory because I did not run into this issue at all during testing.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

Refer to this KB article as well:
    http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...-products.aspx
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support