Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product Feed Issue (20000+ items)

Upscale_Automotive is offline Senior Member

Question Product Feed Issue (20000+ items)

I have been generating 20000+ item feeds for awhile now without issue. ASPDNSF breaks the feed into two files as normal. However, lately I have been having issues with this. My first file of 20k products is generated fine, but my second file comes out with this message:
    C#/VB.NET Code:
    XmlPackage ExceptionException=Last Trace Point=[]. ' 'hexadecimal value 0x0Bis an invalid character.<br/><br/><br/>System.ArgumentExceptionLast Trace Point=[]. ' 'hexadecimal value 0x0Bis an invalid character.<br/><br/>

at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.XmlPackage2.TransformString()

at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.AppLogic.RunXmlPackage(XmlPackage2 pParser UseParserCustomer ThisCustomerInt32 SkinIDBoolean ReplaceTokensBoolean WriteExceptionMessage)<br /> 
    Any tips or pointers on this? I have looked at the last product in the first file and what should be the first product in the second file and neither looks to be any different than any other product as far as a way that could effect the feed.

Anyone got info on this? I am still stuck trying to get it figured out. I have never had problems with this in the past.

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Hmm, that looks like you have some invalid character in the title/description? Do you know when this started? If so, please try to find the products you updated then and review them...

Although, 0x0B is the hex for a + sign, hmm, not sure why it would find an issue with that!
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

Thanks for the reply Jan! Took some serious investigation, but finally found the problem area. Very strange that the "+" was causing issues as it never has in the past and I have used it plenty of times!