Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Issues after running service packs on Version 9

rtomer is offline Member

Default Issues after running service packs on Version 9

Hello,

After running both the service pack provided with Aspdotnetstorefront ML version 9
    I am still facing some issues that are as follows:
    • While adding a topic from admin panel, It says Topic added but still shows Add Topic button instead of Update Topic and Delete Topic Button

• While adding new Appconfig, its config value doesn't get save, have to again edit that appconfig and assign config value

please help. . . .
    Last edited by rtomer; 02-14-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    --
    Reetika Tomer
    (MCTS , MCPD)
    Sr. Software Engineer
    Daffodil Software Ltd

rtomer is offline Member

any updates ??
    --
    Reetika Tomer
    (MCTS , MCPD)
    Sr. Software Engineer
    Daffodil Software Ltd

rtomer is offline Member

Default More Bugs. . . . .

I am using Version 9 with both service packs but still I have so many issues.
    Like While editing a topic If user changes its Locale Setting from the drop down It doesn't allow user to edit the Topic name i.e that textbox is readonly.

I agree it should be readonly but should be prefilled with Topic Name in other Locale setting because now textbox is empty and read only hence that topic can't be updated and displays a error message saying Topic name can't be empty.
    --
    Reetika Tomer
    (MCTS , MCPD)
    Sr. Software Engineer
    Daffodil Software Ltd

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

Default SP1 and Admin Service Pack bugs answered

Hello Reetika!

Although we have answered your questions in the Help Desk, here is the answer for others interested.

* While adding a topic from admin panel, it says Topic added but still shows Add Topic button instead of Update Topic and Delete Topic Button.

- This is a known reported bug. The workaround of course is to just reselect it in the topic list.

* While adding new Appconfig, its config value doesn't get save, have to again edit that appconfig and assign config value.

- This is a known reported bug. The workaround of course is to just reselect it and complete the edit.

* Like While editing a topic if user changes its Locale Setting from the drop down It doesn't allow user to edit the Topic name i.e that textbox is readonly. I agree it should be readonly but should be prefilled with Topic Name in other Locale setting because now textbox is empty and read only hence that topic can't be updated and displays a error message saying Topic name can't be empty.

- This is a known reported bug. Workaround is if adding a new topic, you need to perform the Add New first before doing anything after initially selecting Content > Manage Topics. This allows the Topic Name to be edited regardless of choosing a different locale. As for the default topics, they are locked for the Topic Name purposely.
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support