Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Gift Card Issue

jasoncbarlow@gmail.com is offline Junior Member

Default Gift Card Issue

I am running AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2 I am trying to setup gift cards that I can give away as promotions. The problem is it looks like I have to tie it to a customer number. I tried putting in mine so I was the buyer and give it to someone to use but they are getting YOU HAVE ENTERED AN INVALID COUPON CODE (xxxxxxxxxxxx). Is there a way around this or do I have to set them an account up and put the gift card under it for it to work right.

This makes no since because you can buy gift card from anywhere and give them to someone else to use... Trust me I do this all the time at Christmas play musical gift cards... LOL

ZachJ85 is offline Senior Member

I just ran through it and it worked fine. This is how I went about it doing this.

In the Admin site I went to Configuration > Payment > Gift card management. Then clicked 'Add New'... In the 'Purchased by Customer ID' I put my CustomerID number. Then I selected email and emailed the gift card to another user in the office.

They added an item to the cart, pasted the serial number that was emailed to them and I noticed the amount didnt get taken off until right before checkout, it wasn't instant like adding a coupon.

If you tried this let me know, I'll help think of other ideas.
    SQL 2008, Visual Studio 2010
    Source: C#
    Version: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.1/8.0.1.1
    Framework: .Net 4.0 (Running)

jasoncbarlow@gmail.com is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the reply.... Yeah that is the only way I could get it to work but I was hoping to get the physical certificate to work.... I guess it can not be handed out to just anyone you have to set it as an email.... Do you know of any way to get the other types to work or just the email can be used by anyone.

Thanks in advance

rjcuser is offline Junior Member

There was a bug where the coupon was only valid for the customer which created it - even when created in Admin. So you should contact support for the fix. Or if you have source code I can supply...