Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Category Page mod

sam.bengtson is offline Member

Default Category Page mod

Hey I would like to delete the subcategory links on the category page because I would like to replace them with an image map. Does anybody have any insight on how this would be done? I also need to keep any products in the main category visible. Just the links to subcategories to disappear. thanks

ideas?? Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Is setting the appconfig: ShowSubcatsInGrid to true won't do what you want?

Not really. I plan on making something a little more flashy. I would rather not have them there at all. But still show the products mapped to that main category we would be in

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure if I'm missing your meaning here, but it seems like it would be a simple modification in your entity xmlpackage?

TTFN

BFG

Quote Originally Posted by BFG 9000 View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm missing your meaning here, but it seems like it would be a simple modification in your entity xmlpackage?

TTFN

BFG
    yeah you are correct. I know nothing about xml but I would guess it would be as simple as deleting a couple of lines to make those go away?

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

I don't know exactly which xmlpackage you're using - but the line you need to remove probably looks like this :-

<xsl:call-template name="SubEntity" />

If you can't find it - post your xmlpackage in here & I'll take a look.

TTFN

BFG

ah great found it. Thank you