Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Entity Edit Parent Field not refreshed

campbelt101 is offline Member

Default Entity Edit Parent Field not refreshed

I'm working on creating categories and I've noticed an odd behaviour that I'm assuming is setup for performance (which is good) but I am looking to figure out how to force a refresh.

First I create a category and then I go to create a sub-category. Problem is that the Parent won't be in the Parent field drop down. Nor will the category be on the web site either. As I said, I figure this is a something that is cached and periodically refreshed.

How can I force it to refresh? Is there a setting that can be adjusted for my development site so that it refreshes more often?

Thanks.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

If you are still on development stage, you could just set appconfig: CacheMenus to false, so the dataset elements on the admin and store site aren't cached, and that they will reflect immediately if there are changes made. But make sure to turn it TRUE in production for obvious reason.

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

I have the same issue so I figured now I would take care of the updated to MSX and see if it fixed the problem, but I still have the issue. I tried clearing cache, iisreset but to no avail. Did you have any luck with the issue? Thanks
    MSX

Well it seems to be working now. not sure why.
    MSX

Actually the issue is still happening, has anyone found a solution?
    MSX