Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: searchadv.aspx not working in ML9

lindsay alford is offline Member

Unhappy searchadv.aspx not working in ML9

Hi

I am having an issue with searchadv.aspx.... When I put a search term in the text box and press the submit button it doesn't update the URL and therefore doesn't update the results. Search.aspx works fine but the advanced search does not.

I noticed in the search.aspx it uses the same control as the search box on the template but the searchadv.aspx does not.

Any ideas on how to fix the searchadv.aspx (straight out of the box no mods made by me) as I really would like to use it.

Thanks in advance

Lindsay

deanfp is offline Senior Member

I don't think the URL changes. Are you getting any results back at all?

Even a "Your search did not result in any matches" return?

Hi

If I use the search box on the template and search for "bag" the url changes to "searchadv.aspx?searchterm=bag" and I get products show up that match the word bag. If on the searchadv.aspx page I decide to change the search term to "shoe" the page refreshes and the url stays the same "searchadv.aspx?searchterm=bag" and the results still show products relating to bags.

If I do not use the search box and go straight to "searchadv.aspx" page and put a search term in the url does not change and still is "searchadv.aspx" and no results are shown.

Thanks in advance

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay

Do you have a website address that I can look at?

Hi sorry didn't see your reply! web address is: http://dev3.crossovertec.co.uk/default.aspx

thanks

Lindsay

Interesting...

Have you tried running this searchadv.aspx page on your local server without the .co.uk domain?

Hmmm... no not tried it locally yet, this is my staging server atm.

It has occurred on all my other ML9 websites as well (i have 2 more) but this website is the only one i have upgraded to SP1 so far!

It is a strange thing indeed! The more i work with ML9 the more bugs I find!! lol

Lindsay

You should see how many we have found!

Try accessing it on your server IP from your servers browser. Will be interested to see the results.

Hi

Same results! argh! After lunch I will make a copy of the website and run it locally on my PC to see if it still does the same thing!

Lindsay

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Is this just a mismatch of fields?
    On your searchadv page you can research using the search box with no problems.

Could your buttons be auto post back, than completely reloading the page?
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

Hi

I found a copy of ML9 on my local machine and the searchadv works... however it doesn't have the search control for quick search on the template which I think makes all the difference!

I will now try an experiment without the search control and see if it works!

Thanks for your help so far!

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay

Can you paste the code in your searchadv.aspx and searchadv.aspx.cs and message them to me so I can take a look

Hi

I replaced my modified page.searchadv.xml.config file with the one that worked on the local server and that seems to have solved the issue!

It was my mods that must have been the issue, which were just styling really. However I will compare the 2 files and see what went wrong!

Thanks for helping me work it through

Lindsay
    Attached Files Attached Files

GLad you worked it out Let me know if you need any more help