Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to get a specified skin v9.013SP1

campbelt101 is offline Member

Default How to get a specified skin v9.013SP1

Ok, so I hope I'm not crazy.

I took the skins offered with I purchased the product, expanded them in the web\App_Templates folder with the names of Skin_2, Skin_3, etc...

Then I went to the default.aspx page and added ?skinid=2 to it looked like this:

http://localhost/default.aspx?skinid=2

But nothing happens. Documentation doesn't really mention this but I know I read it here in the forum somewhere. Any pointers?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I took the skins offered with I purchased the product, expanded them in the web\App_Templates folder with the names of Skin_2, Skin_3, etc...
    Please correct me if I've totally misunderstood the line above.

You mean you used the built-in skins from v8? Do you see template.ascx file inside that skin_# folder? If yes, that won't really work, v9 uses master page template now or template.master file. In order for those template.ascx skins to work, you'll need them to be converted to master page by following "AspDotNetStorefront Skin Conversion Guide.pdf" doc.

Ahhh... ok, I'll bet that's it. I (wrongly) figured that if they were offering them for download with V9 then they would already be converted.

I'll read the article and see if I can get that working.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    Please correct me if I've totally misunderstood the line above.

You mean you used the built-in skins from v8? Do you see template.ascx file inside that skin_# folder? If yes, that won't really work, v9 uses master page template now or template.master file. In order for those template.ascx skins to work, you'll need them to be converted to master page by following "AspDotNetStorefront Skin Conversion Guide.pdf" doc.

Alfred, I've been searching all over the place for that document (and I know I saw it somewhere)... any chance you could find me a link to it.

A central location for these types of documents would sure be handy. If there is one already I sure can't find it.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Thank you.