Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Create Custom Shipping Rate Page

indcorp is offline Junior Member

Default Create Custom Shipping Rate Page

I would like to create a custom shipping rate page that an administrator could use to put in a zip code and get the FedEx rates based on the total weight of the shopping cart. This would be used for phone orders as our client doesn't want to have to put in customer information into multiple applications.

Is there any exposed functionality in the shopping cart which would allow us to do something like this or would we need to buy the source to do this or even write it all from scratch?

ZachJ85 is offline Senior Member

You can use the GetShippingAndEstimates control, you might need to modify, but if you think about the functionality it asks for a zipcode if you aren't logged in and it has the ability to determine shipping costs. With some small tweaks I think that would serve as a good tool.
    SQL 2008, Visual Studio 2010
    Source: C#
    Version: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.1/8.0.1.1
    Framework: .Net 4.0 (Running)

indcorp is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the lead, Zach. It prompted me to start poking around to see how the actual shipping selection page worked and I ended up just modifying that page to take a zip code & create a new address using that as FedEx apparently just uses the zip for rates.