Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Help!!!!! With RTShipping!!

kyleeeeee is offline Member

Default Help!!!!! With RTShipping!!

Hello,

I am getting an error using RTShipping with USPS. Whenever I add it to RTShipping, and attempt to checkout it gives me an error that says "Unable to Process Request." The error log is the following :

Page URL:/store/checkoutshipping.aspx
    Source:System
    Message:The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
    Stack Trace:
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.RTShipping.GETandReceiveDa ta(String Request, String Server) in C:\AspDotNetStorefront\Fortress\DP_Products\WebRel eases\AspDotNetStorefrontML\Ashland\ASPDNSFCore\RT Shipping.cs:line 3885
    at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.RTShipping.USPSGetRates(Sh ipments AllShipments, String& RTShipRequest, String& RTShipResponse, Decimal ExtraFee, Decimal MarkupPercent, Decimal ShipmentValue, Decimal ShippingTaxRate) in C:\AspDotNetStorefront\Fortress\DP_Products\WebRel eases\AspDotNetStorefrontML\Ashland\ASPDNSFCore\RT Shipping.cs:line 2156
    at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.RTShipping.GetRates(Shipme nts AllShipments, String Carriers, ResultType ListFormat, String FieldName, String CssClass, Decimal ShippingTaxRate, String& RTShipRequest, String& RTShipResponse, Decimal ExtraFee, Decimal MarkupPercent, Decimal ShipmentValue, CartItemCollection thisCart) in C:\AspDotNetStorefront\Fortress\DP_Products\WebRel eases\AspDotNetStorefrontML\Ashland\ASPDNSFCore\RT Shipping.cs:line 696
    at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.ShoppingCart.GetRates(Addr ess shipmentAddress, Decimal ShippingHandlingExtraFee) in C:\AspDotNetStorefront\Fortress\DP_Products\WebRel eases\AspDotNetStorefrontML\Ashland\ASPDNSFCore\Sh oppingCart.cs:line 7005
    at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.ShippingCalculation.UseRea lTimeRatesShippingCalculation.GetShippingMethods(I nt32 storeId) in C:\AspDotNetStorefront\Fortress\DP_Products\WebRel eases\AspDotNetStorefrontML\Ashland\ASPDNSFCore\Sh ippingCalculation\UseRealTimeRatesShippingCalculat ion.cs:line 39
    at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.ShoppingCart.GetShippingMe thods(Address usingThisAddress, Decimal taxRate) in C:\AspDotNetStorefront\Fortress\DP_Products\WebRel eases\AspDotNetStorefrontML\Ashland\ASPDNSFCore\Sh oppingCart.cs:line 3471
    at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.ShoppingCart.GetShippingMe thods(Address usingThisAddress) in C:\AspDotNetStorefront\Fortress\DP_Products\WebRel eases\AspDotNetStorefrontML\Ashland\ASPDNSFCore\Sh oppingCart.cs:line 3356
    at AspDotNetStorefront.checkoutshipping.OnInit(EventA rgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I am using AspDotNetStorefront ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.2.

PLEASE help with this I have been trying to get this resolved for quite some time and I need to have this fixed.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

USPS server isn't down, I just tested it now locally and the rates were showing up just fine. Maybe you have entered an incorrect USPS server URL in appconfig: RTShipping.USPS.Server or RTShipping.USPS.TestServer.

Here's mine:
    RTShipping.USPS.Server = http://Production.ShippingAPIs.com/ShippingAPI.dll
    RTShipping.USPS.TestServer = http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingapiTest.dll

They are the same, just to be sure I C&P'ed what you provided and put it in and I am still getting the same error.

I've already attempted to try support, however because I am on an internal development server there was nothing they were able to do.

Anything else I can try to get this resolved?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I apologies for the delayed response.

Have you already get USPS to work?

No, it still doesn't work. I continue to get the same error.

I have attempted to change permissions on the file, change shipping to something else then change it back to RTShipping all to no avail.

I am STILL working on trying to fix this issue.

I've taken the checkoutshipping.aspx and replaced it with the original file.

I've adjusted the permissions of the entire site just to make sure that it isn't anything with a permission issue.

This still only continues to happen whenever I add USPS into the mix. FedEx and UPS works without issue.

I'm wondering if it can be an issue with the source code? Which we did not purchase for the client.

I'm starting to run out of ideas on how else I can continue to troubleshoot this.

Please, if anyone can offer further assistance or just IDEAS on what else I can try, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

ZachJ85 is offline Senior Member

I would start from the beginning. Forbidden to me would mean, not hitting the right server or incorrect credentials. Did you follow the steps provided in the manual with downloading the USPS web tools and creating an account, etc.?
    SQL 2008, Visual Studio 2010
    Source: C#
    Version: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.1/8.0.1.1
    Framework: .Net 4.0 (Running)

I did, to the T.

I even started fresh with a brand new account and did it all over again with the same issue both times.

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

Is it possible that your firewall is blocking traffic to the USPS server?