Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: AspDotNetStorefront Releases Mobile Commerce Plug-In

CHigdon is offline Junior Member

Default AspDotNetStorefront Releases Mobile Commerce Plug-In

The Mobile Commerce Plug-in for AspDotNetStorefront allows online store owners to provide a full-featured mobile version of their site without having to create a new, separate site.

Our integrated platform automatically detects when a mobile device is being used and makes it look its very best.

* Full-featured - from Browse to Checkout
    * Subscription-based and Affordable - Only $25 per month!
    * Works on the most recent versions of ML8, ML, ML64 and Multi-Store

Learn How to Reach New Mobile Shoppers
    Last edited by CHigdon; 01-05-2011 at 01:47 PM.

hunter0781 is offline Member

Thumbs up

This is cool......but what about the partially developed mobile store that's included with ML? Will it be updated/removed?

Thanks.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Why is this a plug with monthly charge

Why is this a plug in with a monthly charge? I thought this was part of Multi-store package.

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Subscription?

Really?

Very Disappointing.

This was supposed to be part of the platform.

Are you going to be charging a monthly subscription for things like coupons, customer levels & template switching too?

TTFN

BFG

hunter0781 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by BFG 9000 View Post
    Subscription?

Really?

Very Disappointing.

This was supposed to be part of the platform.

Are you going to be charging a monthly subscription for things like coupons, customer levels & template switching too?
    Agreed. Anyone else?

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I think this plugin is the Vortx mobile package, not the "built in" mobile support that comes with the software.

guptaat is offline Member

Default Mobile Add in

Yes, it very well may be seperate and part of VORTX offering and even if ASPDNSF releases or upgrades the built in mobile functionality I doubt it will ever match the one they released as add in. Otherwise what is the need to add it seperately.

Seems like the new model is a trial software/or stripped down functionality which will really not work will be built in and then will be asked to pay for real functionality under the slogan only pay for what you need mantra..

That was the real worry since VORTX took it over and seems like it is coming true, othewwise all the additional addins which VORTX shoudl really be part of the software.

Most of the time is going to developing additional add ins while taking time to fix the current problems or doing it at snails pace.

At one time I think somebody for VORTX said trust us that is not the route we are taking and we are different from original ASPDNSF mentality but so far it doesn;t let credence.

Well only time will tell but six months or more of track record doesnt instill much confidence.

Thanks
    Amit

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Hi

I have a few questions...

How does the Checkout gateway work? If, for example, we have Sagepay installed would a customer be able to checkout on a mobile browser (not Safari on Ipad etc) using a third party gateway? Sagepay to my knowledge does not support mobile checkouts.

We have some bespoke Ajax script on our site (Search, Filter & Minicart) so does the Mobile Commerce strip this out and use the functionality that it comes with?

I am very keen on something like this as around 2% of all of our visitors are now coming to our site via smartphones/tablets and I found the basic StoreFront mobile to be very frustrating in that it was search only.

Cheers!

RetailOnline is offline Junior Member

The Mobile Add-on should be included in the software from the beginning.
    If you gonna let us pay for it, at least give us a fixed onetime fee.

Sincerely, Thomas