Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Read More Not Working in ML 8

jcohn1131 is offline Member

Default Read More Not Working in ML 8

We have recently converted a website from ML 7 to ML 8, and we are using the xml package entity.simpleproductlist.xml.config.

In the old website, the text would be cut off after a certain amount of characters on the category page and the read more link would be displayed.

In ML 8, the entire description is being displayed on the category page and then the read more link is being displayed.

Is there an APP Config I need to set in ML 8.

jcohn1131 is offline Member

Default Answer Found

I looked at the old xml package and saw the following line.
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:Ellipses(Description, 200, 1)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    This is not in the ML 8 version, I added the Ellipses function call and this is now fixed.