Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Unable to exclude new USPS International Services

Classic_Exotic is offline Member

Default Unable to exclude new USPS International Services

I installed the new patch for the USPS shipping and it worked fine - the code for the registered trademark has been removed from the checkout page that international customers see. However, I am unable to exclude the unwanted services such as the DVD flat rate box and others.

I have tried putting the "U.S. Postal" prefix in front of the unwanted services when typing them into the shipping app config, I have tried entering them without, I have tried entering them every which way and cannot get rid of them.

Is anyone else having this issue after having installed the patch? Any solution?

Thanks.
    Classic & Exotic Service, Inc.
    Specialty Parts For Prewar Cars
    www.classicandexotic.com

Classic_Exotic is offline Member

Default Update

If anyone else is having an issue excluding any international shipping methods from their site after installing the USPS patch: the developers are working on a solution.

My store is using ML8.
    Classic & Exotic Service, Inc.
    Specialty Parts For Prewar Cars
    www.classicandexotic.com

duodiscus is offline Junior Member

I've had success removing certain shipping methods with the new USPS naming and the patch by using the exact string that is saved in the database. That means 'less than', 'greater than' and ampersand characters should be entered as encoded values in RTShippingMethodsToExclude in the AppConfig.

Example:

U.S. Postal Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International DVD Flat Rate Box**

ts
    Last edited by duodiscus; 01-05-2011 at 04:03 PM.

brightspectrum is offline Member

Default Shipping Methods Get Cut Off

This seems to work but the issue I'm running into now is space.

There doesn't seem to be a space issue when entering the methods to prevent, however at some point it cuts off what you've save. This seems to still work from an exclusion point but when you go back in to edit it gets pulled up cut off as well. If you save as is it returns the shipping methods that were cut off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chidozie Bright
    Bright Spectrum Inc
    Bright Ideas. Creative Solutions

mgibbs is offline Senior Member

What we did to address this new lack of space was make two small changes to our datbase:
    • Change AppConfig table's ConfigValue length from 1000 to 2000
    • Modify aspdnsf_updAppconfig stored procedure to reflect this new length:
      @ConfigValue nvarchar(2000) = null,

Note, that we didn't use the provided hotfix from ASPNDNSF to clean up our display as we had too much custom logic written into the checkout1.aspx.cs page to address the vagaries of shipping tobacco products and lighter fuel domestically and internationally.
    EMM for AspDotNetStorefront - Communicate effectively with your customers

internexxt is offline Junior Member

Default Usps

Did I understand correctly that you did not use the patch to fix your USPS API problem? If I'm correct, can you tell me what you did to fix the problem besides what is listed in this thread?

Thanks,
    Kevin

jknauff is offline Member

Default Fix usps issue without patch

How did you fix this issues without the patch. We're in the boat... we don't want to upgrade to 8.0.1.2 to apply the patch. If there is a way around it, please share.

thanks
    Jaishree

internexxt is offline Junior Member

For the USPS issue - USPS added a superscripted trademark symbol to their international shipping method names. The software isn't designed to handle HTML in those names, so it's messing up not only the display on the checkoutshipping.aspx page, but actual checkout later when we try to store selected values in fields/variables that aren't designed to hold HTML. The easiest fix (and what our patch does for now) is to take in the shipping method names from USPS and strip out all HTML characters before displaying them to customers.

If you strip out the illegal characters, your shipping options will display correctly, the error message will go away and the receipt issue will be a non-factor.