Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Modifying How ShippingMethods Work

tmoney101 is offline Senior Member

Default Modifying How ShippingMethods Work

We have a Shipping Method setup in our cart, which we want to modify. At the moment, when this shipping method is selected in the checkout, it will look at the:

Allowed Countries
    Allowed States
    Allowed Zones

If the customers country, state and post code match the values defined in there for this shipping method, the shipping method will be chosen. I am pretty sure this is default functionality of the cart.

What I want is for the method to ignore checking for the state, and instead just make sure the country and postcode match.

I have dug deep into the code however cant find where this functionality is! The shipping seems rather complicated. Can anyone point me in the right direction when this code may be?

Thanks!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

What 'shipping rates table' (i.e. by total, by weight etc) are you using?

I believe you can workaround this without modifying the source, the 'Set Allowed States/zip/country' will only work when you're mapping the shipping methods to it, otherwise it'll be ignored. Isn't that happening now?

tmoney101 is offline Senior Member

We are using Calculate Shipping by Total.

We have version 8.0.12

Currently, In order for this method to be selected on checkout, the sate country, and postcode you enter needs to match those selected in the 'Set Allowed States/zip/country' for this shipping method. Like I said I want it to ignore just the state, but still want it to check the country and postcode.

This cart is quite modified, so dont know if this area of the code has been edited before.

Any further help would be great.

Thanks.