Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Current Status of WSI

campbelt101 is offline Member

Default Current Status of WSI

Ok, so I've been doing some reading and some exploring of the WSIImportTester and it's brought up a few questions for me. We are evaluating AspDotNetStorefront for our new web cart/store.

What is the development path for WSI? The documentation seems to be old and in some of the reading it looks like MS has discontinued Web Services in favor of a newer technology.

I'm planning on using VS 2010 to write upload and download routines for inventory and orders. Is this a path that makes sense?

Thanks in advance.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

WSI is bi-directional and very powerful tool, it is still one of the core functions in AspDotNetStorefront at the moment. I apologies for the out-dated information in our WSI manual, we will update that soon. Currently, our latest versions were built using VS 2008, we'll definitely going forward on VS2010 at the right time.
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 01-03-2011 at 08:08 PM.

USNFC3 is offline Junior Member

Question What help can we get?

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    WSI is bi-directional and very powerful tool, it is still one of the core functions in AspDotNetStorefront at the moment. I apologies for the out-dated information in our WSI manual, we will update that soon. Currently, our latest versions were built using VS 2008, we'll definitely going forward on VS2010 at the right time.
    Alfred, Given your comment, and needing it installed on my site, how do you propose that I can get it done? We have 10,000+ products to upload into our site, and Im looking for a way to upload all that data, quickly and efficiently. I am open to suggestions.