Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Base Feed - Missing Product Type Values!

gcapuano is offline Junior Member

Default Google Base Feed - Missing Product Type Values!

I am running V9.0.1.3 SP1 and have just finished uploading to google base. However, google is saying that the file is missing product type values. Its my understanding that the XML file ASPDNSF produces uses the categories and sub categories as the product type.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The [product_type] attribute in Googlebase Feed is optional according to Google's Feed Specification, that's not something that we include in the feed 'out of the box'. What you're getting is more like a warning actually and not errors. Google should still process the feed just fine.

discountvolvoparts is offline Junior Member

Post Google Feed Error

I am getting a google feed error when trying to execute the feed. ML v. 9 BTW.

Here is what the website tells me: File D:\wwwroot\Myvolvoparts_com\images\feed.googlebase .xml.config1_2019.txt not found

I found the file, it is there but has a few extra numbers at the end like 2019_123.txt but I do not know why?

Here is the error when I open the file:
    XmlPackage Exception: Exception=Last Trace Point=[]. '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character.<br/><br/><br/>System.ArgumentException: Last Trace Point=[]. '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character.<br/><br/>
    at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.XmlPackage2.TransformStrin g()
    at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.AppLogic.RunXmlPackage(Xml Package2 p, Parser UseParser, Customer ThisCustomer, Int32 SkinID, Boolean ReplaceTokens, Boolean WriteExceptionMessage)<br />

Any Ideas? Thanks!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

This is a data issue. I suspect, someone has copied/pasted the product names from a MS word and then pasted it directly into the product manager in the admin console. You'll have to remove that 'corrupted' character and try again.