Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: News Summary Question

stefanus_avasoft is offline Junior Member

Default News Summary Question

Hi All,

I have one question about the news summary tag. Currently, it just show 3 news list and have "more" link to see all the news.

I want to change the list to view 5 news list. Do you have any experience with this? Please share about this

Thank you for your help before. Here is the site URL:
    http://safetyeffects.stagingreview.com/

Kind Regards,
    Stefanus

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I got your ticket in support, thanks for posting this here.

This is pretty easy to achieve. Open news.xml.config file in {root}/XMLPackages folder, then do this change:

Code:
    <queryparam paramname="@NumHomeNewsToDisplay" paramtype="runtime" requestparamname="NumHomeNewsToDisplay" sqlDataType="int" defvalue="3"  validationpattern="" />
    to:
    Code:
    <queryparam paramname="@NumHomeNewsToDisplay" paramtype="runtime" requestparamname="NumHomeNewsToDisplay" sqlDataType="int" defvalue="5"  validationpattern="" />
    defvalue - adjust this according to the number of news summary you want to display on the home page.
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 12-30-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for your response

By the way, I have changed the value in news.xml.config to "5" like your suggest. But it seems it still show 3 news list in home page

http://safetyeffects.stagingreview.com/

I also have reset the cache from browser and from the site too. Is there something that I need to do again?

Please find news.xml.config file as enclosed

Please kindly advice. Thank you

Regards,
    Stefanus
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Aflred,

I'm forgot to mention, I use this tag to show the news summary in the template

(!NEWS_SUMMARY!)

Thank you,
    Stefanus

mkennerley is offline Junior Member

Default News Summary Article Amount

We had this same trouble.

Turns out its actually hardcoded in Parser.cs in AspDotNetStorefrontCore on about line 138:

m_StaticTokens.Add("(!NEWS_SUMMARY!)", AppLogic.GetNewsSummary(5));

Mark