Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Differences/New Features from V.8 to V.9

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

Default Differences/New Features from V.8 to V.9

Can someone, perhaps support, provide me with a list of improvements and new features going from version 8 to version 9? Thanks!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can check out the feature matrix at http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/t-matrix.aspx

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

That's not what I'm looking for. I've upgraded from v.8 to v9. I'm looking to see what new features I might want to utilize in v.9 that I may not know about.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Well if you've seen the Topics on the left-side from that link (i.e. SEO, etc), it is described there what features were added and so on. Anyway, I'll try to provide as much details I can give for you here:

• Ajax-based mini cart (Minicart.UseAjaxAddToCart)

• Enhanced kit layout

• Configurable URL-rewrites– Allows URL to be customized for search engine optimization (SEO) purposes

i.e.
    Code:
    <!-- AspDotNetStorefront Default Url Patterns -->
           <add name="Product" url="p-{ProductID}-{SEName}.aspx" virtualPath="~/showproduct.aspx" checkPhysicalUrlAccess="false" />
         <!--  <add name="Product" url="product/{ProductID}/{SEName}.aspx" virtualPath="~/showproduct.aspx" checkPhysicalUrlAccess="false" />-->
            <add name="Category" url="c-{CategoryID}-{SEName}.aspx" virtualPath="~/showcategory.aspx" checkPhysicalUrlAccess="false" />
            <!--<add name="Category" url="category/{CategoryID}/{SEName}.aspx" virtualPath="~/showcategory.aspx" checkPhysicalUrlAccess="false" />-->
    • Addin - allows a developer to add custom logic to the storefront through addin system. Configurations -> Advanced -> Addin Manager

• Mobile browsing - automatically switch the skin to a streamlined mobile-friendly skin

• Ajax appconfig design - editing has become simplified by design.

• Multiple payment gateways - can now be selected within the software as a security precaution. Should the primary gateway call fail, the software will immediately roll over to the backup gateway.

• New improved product & entity maintenance pages

• New friendly error message handling (System.ShowFriendlyErrors and System.ErrorHandlingEnabled)

Hope this helps.