Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: New Install Of ML9 On Localhost - Login Failed

espey127 is offline Junior Member

Default New Install Of ML9 On Localhost - Login Failed

Hello All,

Can someone take some time to hand hold a newbie of ML9 to install it to a Windows 7 localhost?

I thought we followed the direction but we seem to be stuck with the below error message.

Server Error in '/AspDotNetStorefront' Application.
    Login failed for user 'XXXXXXXX'.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'XXXXXXX'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'XXXXXXX'.]
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConne ction(DbConnection owningObject) +428
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +65
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +117
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +122
    AspDotNetStorefront.Global.(Object , EventArgs ) +440
    AspDotNetStorefront.Global.Application_BeginReques t(Object sender, EventArgs e) +277
    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpA pplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Here is the connection string:
    <add key="DBConn" value="data source=localhost;initial catalog=XXXXXXX_db;user id=XXXXXXX;password=XXXXXXXXXX;persist security info=True;packet size=4096" />

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

You must setup a valid SQL user/login and update the web.config connection string with that login...the defaults will not work.
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

imbrognaphoto is offline Junior Member

I'm setting up my 9.3 site on my local server. I had the same error as yours, even though my username/pw were correct. I'm new to SQL Server and dev environments in general, so I don't know if you could modify the role or permissions for the db user, but I recreated the login/user with the same username and password and it fixed the problem.

jackyleo is offline Junior Member

you have to enter a valid user name and password for the mysql server, and also check the server is running or not.