Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Minimum and Maximum Order Size

Clive B is offline Junior Member

Default Minimum and Maximum Order Size

Hi,
    I'm new to ASPDotNetStorefront and I'm in the process of building a site for a client using ML 8.0.1.2 - I don't have the Source Code License.

My challenge is that my client is selling silver bullion in a variety of forms (bars, coins) and need to restrict purchases so that the minimum order size is 10 ounces and the maximum order size is 200 ounces.

I tried to do the minimum by using the CartMinOrderAmount Config item, and setting this to the equivalent of 10 ounces -this does have the desired effect of stopping the user checking out before sufficient amounts have been purchased but there is no equivalent maximum and the minimum price would need to be altered frequently to reflect the changing price of silver.

I've also looked into using the MinOrderWeight config item but the result wasn't very satisfactory.

Any suggestions?

Clive

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

Hello!

This would require custom code modifications in order to achieve your ultimate goal. There are many developers that can assist you with that, although unless someone here has a solution to give away, it will have a cost.

http://devnet.aspdotnetstorefront.com/

Otherwise, use of bold text in the proper locations should get the point across on a basic level.
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support