Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: AspDotNetStorefront Releases 9.0.1.3 Admin Service Pack

CHigdon is offline Junior Member

Default AspDotNetStorefront Releases 9.0.1.3 Admin Service Pack

Today, AspDotNetStorefront releases the 9.0.1.3 Admin Service Pack to enhance the functionality and integrity of the ML9 and Multi-Store e-commerce shopping carts admin sections.

This should be great news to those of you already using our Multi-Store platform. For those of you that haven't investigated Multi-Store, this is an opportunity for you think about how running multiple stores aimed at different segments of your target market can drastically improve the profitability of your business. Click here to learn more about AspDotNetStorefront's Multi-Store, the only reasonably priced multi-store cart on the market.

The earlier service pack (9.0.1.3 SP1) is NOT a pre-requisite for this release.

All of the following scenarios have been through our test lab and work well:
    • 9.0.1.3 with SP1

• 9.0.1.3 with SP1

• 9.0.1.3 with Admin Service Pack

• 9.0.1.3 SP1 with Admin SP layered on top

• 9.0.1.3 Admin Service Pack with 9.0.1.3 SP1 layered on top with 9.0.1.3 Admin SP re-installed (ie Admin must be applied alone, or second)

As before, we do not pretend we have found and fixed everything. Instead we focused on the highest impact problems and have diligently maximized improvements while minimizing the service pack's footprint.

We have highlighted the most significant changes in our release notes.

We have patches available for items we could not wrap into a service pack. These items were intrusive and do not affect the majority of people. If you still have problems after applying our service packs, do not hesitate to approach us via our support system at http://support.aspdotnetstorefront.com

Download 9.0.1.3 Admin Service Pack from your MyLicenses section.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Installed Admin serives pack

I have both serivce packs installed and everything seems ok except when I go into help and click ABOUT. I get an error page.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

If the error was like 'Access Denied', you'll have to add ASP.NET or NETWORK SERVICE account in the AddIns and Images folders with write/read/modify permissions.

data77 is offline Member

Default FYI for admin sp1

Just to let you know that users running the Admin upgrade sp1 ML 9 , may have to open the Create AspDotNetStorefront Database.sql under db folder and copy the update from there ; You will see this

/* 9.0.1.3.SP1.Admin Service Pack */
    you will see the below SP procedure [dbo].[aspdnsf_GetMappedObjects] for example and if you do not run it , you will have a taff time in the admin /Storemaintenance/store mapping.
    Eat my code!
    Multistore V 9 sp1
    Best Hosting for your storefront Business in 2011

http://fasoservice.com
    world wide directory submission
    http://Nanalist.com
    Burkina24 Media news in Burkina Faso
    http://burkina24.com

data77: thanks so much for posting this here, we really appreciate it.

We've discovered this error here too and updated the scripts internally. For others who might want it, please send a ticket to support.

jo@vortx.com is offline Administrator

As of today, December 16th 2010, the 9.0.1.3 SP1/Admin download includes this update, and so anyone reading and downloading from today onwards should know that the issue is solved. Anyone who downloaded the service packs between November 18th and today, and who has found this to be problematic, should apply for the individual update scripts, which we have here, waiting for you.

I hope that helps?

Jo
    Jo Benson
    COO
    Vortx / AspDotNetStorefront

Default About in Help giving error

Following up, when About is clicked the error page with a big red circle appears and when clicked goes to the system log which has no information on the error. The Admin update is shown on the left column of the admin home page.
    This could be part of the errors corrected?
    Are we supposed to reapply Admin update? or just run the SQL scripte again? Or what are we supposed to get from you?

As long as the 'Admin Service Pack Upgrade Guide' was properly followed, then you should be good.

Usually, if you're getting an error on the 'About' page, the issue there is you do not have ASP.NET OR NETWORK SERVICE account added in the 'AddIns' folder with read/write/modify permissions. Can you verify if that's the case?

Default Added Network Service modify/read/write

Ok, the ABOUT now works with the new permissions for Network Service.

What about what JO was saying as I installed the updates in the time frame she mentions and I'm not sure if I need to do something.