Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: V9 user must change password issue

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default V9 user must change password issue

on 9.0.1.3 .. when we manually set a password for a customer, then they try to login they are of course prompted to change it. When they try to change it, they just come right back to the same page and are again prompted to change it. THe only way ive been able make it work is to manually update the PwdChangeRequired to 0.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

This is a known 9.0.1.3 issue. You should upgrade to '9.0.1.3 Service Pack 1' to resolve it along with couple more issues that we've fixed in that build. Please download it in your mylicenses.aspx page in our site.

I've download the service pack but found many issue that ive discovered not resolved so did not want to kill my changes. Ill try to merge in this one fix though.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

We'd love to document those bugs if you can send them to support. We aren't aware of any serious problems in SP1 since it was released. I know you already had one RE SqlParameterCollection, and that was forwarded to our dev for review.

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Were still in the process of upgrading to SP1. Meanwhile the only other way I have around this is to physically reset the password in admin and then change the two following fields in the SQL customer table

LockedUntil = Null
    PwdChangeRequest = 0

Works fine.

Hi Alfred,

Let me make sure I am clear. I have not installed SP1 and found bugs, all I did was did a code diff and I see specific areas where I had a comment with *bug fix* that in the diff there is no code change.