Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Site is restarting - where is the code?

Tek7 is offline Senior Member

Default Site is restarting - where is the code?

Version ML 7.0.2.5/7.0.2.5

For some reason the site has been restarting and it gets hung up. When I look in the appstart.log it stops on CC Check OK. The only way I can get the site back up is by recycling the app pool. What would cause the site to restart ( no files have been uploaded and no person has touched the web.config) and get stopped on CC Check ok?

This has been going on for months. I'd like to at least be able to modify the code that redirects it to the restart page? Where is that code? I have all the source code but can't seem to find it.
    May

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

There's no way for us to tell from here what the error was. You'll need to have your host check the Event Viewer logs to see what initially brings the site down. If it's not something they can assist you with, you can send over the error details and we'll take a look. Also, do you have any idea how ofter your AppPool recycles?

The version you're on is quite old now, you should also upgrade to the latest build or at least v8.0.1.2.

Tek7 is offline Senior Member

Upgrading is not an option at this point. I know why the site is restarting, the AppPool reaches the max memory and it recycles.
    The problem is for some reason the code that restarts the site gets hung up.
    I'd like to at least modify the code so it doesn't keep going to the restart page.
    Where is that code? I have all the source files but I cannot find it.
    May

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

How many products/entities/customers, etc? Have you done any monitoring (such as using a 3rd party software) to see where things are bottlenecking? That should give you enough details on where/what pages/query it hanged up. How about using something like YSlow, see if it provides any insight (http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/)? Also, have you turned off all the debugging / custom error stuff in web.config? Do you have enough disk space on the server, that's one major factor also.