Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: 2011 Conference

jo@vortx.com is offline Administrator

Default 2011 Conference

My team will no doubt kill me for this, but I know of no better way to find people who know what the heck they are talking about on AspDotNetStorefront than by asking some pretty straightforward questions right here.

We are about to announce, loud and clear, the plans for a two day, two track conference in Vegas in March. I have the merchant track completely populated with topics and speakers, but I still have three developer sessions that I don't want to fill with big names, but want to save for the real people.

So, does anyone on this forum fancy fifteen (sixty, actually) minutes of fame? Any of you out there enjoy public speaking and have something to say?

Just let me know if you think you can help , and we'll negotiate. Fingers crossed that some of you will reply to me at jo@aspdotnetstorefront.com

Jo
    Jo Benson
    COO
    Vortx / AspDotNetStorefront

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Hi

For those of us outside of the US is there any chance of streaming these conferences via video if we pay the same attendence fee but do not appear in person?

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Intriguing - I may be in Vegas during March - what are the dates?

TTFN

BFG

webopius is offline Senior Member

Interesting. Who are the 'big names' in the ASPDotNetStorefront world?

If there's a flight to Vegas on offer, I might be interested as I guess I'm real!
    Possible topics:

- Implementing an 'instant' Ajax search system in ASPDotNetStorefront
    - Building 3rd party order fulfilment system with automated stock updating
    - Writing a new payment gateway in v9
    - Integrating ASPDotNetStorefront with Wordpress
    - v9 SEO friendly URLs with language specific pages (e.g. /it/c-3-caschi.aspx and /en/c-3-helmets.aspx)

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Sign me up for the webopius topics!

KellyB is offline Junior Member

Default Integrating ASPDotNetStorefront with Wordpress

Can you provide some direction here to accomplish this task in the best way:
    - Integrating ASPDotNetStorefront with Wordpress

This is the top task on my to-do list right now, and I need to make it happen yesterday! Any help would be appreciated...

Kelly B

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi,

This probably isn't the best thread to go into detail but by all means get in touch with me and we might be able to help but we're very busy right now and booked until March... I'm now finding how difficult it is to hire good ASPDotNetStorefront developers!

What we've now managed to do using Web Services is work out how to call the ASPDotNetStorefront XML packages from within Wordpress and get them to display results within the blog template. This makes it *really* easy to do things such as this from your blog:

- Show the Customer's cart summary
    - Show the ASPDotNetStorefront login, my account, logout etc within Wordpress
    - Generate the ASPDotNetStorefront menus from within your Wordpress template
    - Show products and use standard XML Packages from within your blog (Best sellers, Featured products etc)

The only caveat for the above which is an Ajax restriction is that you need to run the blog within the same domain as your store. E.g. mystore.com/blog. This is also possible to work around using a proxy process but it's not something we've tackled yet.

Adam

AABACEze is offline Junior Member

Default why do I get an error?

hello,

i am fairly new to posting messages and links. can i not post a links to my youtube channel in here?

i am posting on a new name, my email got hacked.

thanks!

hurioxiee11 is offline Junior Member

webopius topics!