Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: website not working on IE8 but working on firefox

rtomer is offline Member

Default website not working on IE8 but working on firefox

Hello everyone,

I have the full source code of AspDotNetStorefront ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.3 SP1

I have created a new xml package(just copied the entity.grid.xml.config) as product.productwithextensiondata.xml.config and a new class as App_Code/ProductXsltExtension so that i can call my custom method in new xml.

my website work perfectly on firefox but throughs exception when requested on IE 8

website log show the details as follows:

Page URL:/pcprintnew/p-203-card1.aspx
    Source:App_Code.0bwxdaql
    Message:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Stack Trace:
    at ProductXsltExtension.DisplayForm(String fields) in D:\data\admin\Projects\PCPrint\Source\Web\App_Code \ProductXsltExtension.vb:line 76

I want to know if this is my code issue then why it is running on firefox?
    if not an issue of my code then why not running on Internet Explorer?

screenshots are attached. . . .

Please help!! its driving me nuts
    Attached Images Attached Images    

rtomer is offline Member

hi

I am still struggling with the issue

please help

is it related to cache because as I delete some webcache files from documents & settings it run successfully sometimes

but from Admin panel Cache is never been ON

Please suggest

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Have you confirmed that everything apart from the browser is the same?
    I can see from your screenshots that in one you're logged in & in the other you're not.
    Also - are you definitely in the same skin for each?

TTFN

BFG

EDIT - it also seems odd to copy an Entity xmlpackage for use on a product...

EDIT 2 - it looks like they are different skins (background is different) - so will be using different xmlpackages...
    Last edited by BFG 9000; 11-29-2010 at 01:08 AM.

rtomer is offline Member

thanks for your reply
    and what i explored is as you mentioned that in one browser I was logged in and in the other I am not.
    so for Admin user it has the StoreID as 1 (By default) but for annonymous user it doesn't have StoreID, so some newly added AppCpmfig parameters which also have StoreID as 1 (By Default) doesn't turned up for annonymous user and throws exception
    As my AspDotNetStorefront ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.3 is not Multi Store so it should be handled by its own

Now to resolve this problem do I hard code that storeID ??

Kindly Suggest.