Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Credit Card # Not stored

Geoff66 is offline Junior Member

Default Credit Card # Not stored

We have a manual gateway where we store the customers credit card info. When a customer selects not to store cc info we get their order without credit card info and it is not stored in the db? Any help appreciated.

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

The customer is allowed to "opt-out" of storing their cc. "VISA PABP requirements state that customers must be able to decline to store their CC information."

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...formation.aspx

There are ways around this but it will take application modifications.

Geoff66 is offline Junior Member

When they choose to not store their cc# we don't get a credit card number at all and cannot make the sale. Is the application suppose to do that as if it wasn't a manual gateway?

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

That is correct. When the customer opt's out, and it is not a manual gateway, the cc is sent to the authorization tool and comes back with auth or not. When in manual gateway, the card needs to be stored for offline use. If the customer unchecks store my cc, each time they order, their card will not be saved.

This is something some users have written code around so that the checkbox doesn't display for the customer and it's always set to enabled to always store the cc. Again, this is against the VISA PAPB requirements.

inlandsea-kitesite is offline Junior Member

I run into this on occaision, I call the customer and explain the situation stating that our website doesnt process in "real time", I have yet to have a customer have a problem giving me the card over the phone.
    I thought about removing the checkbox, but i want to be compliant to avoid any issues.

Its a small hassle, but thats my 2 cents/

Good Luck!.

deanfp is offline Senior Member

If the cc is not stored is the number not displayed in the order? We have been using a manual gateway for the past 18 months (but will be switching over to Sage this week). We download a csv file of our orders and the cc is shown.