Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Quantity Delta in Kit Product

tmichals is offline Member

Default Quantity Delta in Kit Product

I am selling items in packs of 2000 and I would like to reduce my variant inventory value by that (2000) number for each pack item purchased. I created a kit and entered 2000 in the Quantity Delta number and it only reduced my inventory by 1...I expected it to reduce it by 2000. Is there something else I need to do? The manual article below seems to say that the kit item tied to a variant will be reduced by it?

In the manual http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...-products.aspx
    it says:
    Inventory Variant - On this tab, you can click the Select link to be shown a list of all of the variants that currently exist in your store. You can choose one of those variants from the list and the name, description, price, and weight for that kit item will be taken from that variant. This also ties the kit item to that variant for inventory purposes so if a customer purchases a kit with that item chosen, the separate variant's inventory will be reduced.

tmichals is offline Member

Default problem fixed

All I needed to do was select the correct varient id number on the kit item. storefront does not seem do any validation checking, so if you put in the wrong index variant number it just will not work. There is a bug in the aspx when I tried to link to the variant the page just abscurly errored out.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

tmichals: thanks for posting an update, that's really appreciated.

For the community sake, just wanted to clarify this to avoid confusion. There is no problem with inventory deduction, the variant's inventory is properly deducted according to the 'quantity delta' specified in the kit item. The only problem was, the variantID tmichals specified was incorrect but the edit kit option page didn't give a warning message or the like. I've logged this into our dev's queue so it will be fixed in the next release. Thanks