Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Gift Card codes not working

smg2 is offline Member

Default Gift Card codes not working

All of a sudden certain gift card codes are not working. When they are entered, no error message is returned, and the discount is not applied. Other gift card codes, however, work fine. Please help - customers are calling and I'm not able to help them - even entering manually w/ phone order does not work. Version ML 7.0.2.5/7.0.2.5 Service Pack 1.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Please go to the admin, edit that coupon, take a screen cap, and post it here so we can see the settings. You'd want to erase the coupon code, of course.

smg2 is offline Member

Here are the settings:

Action Enabled
    *Serial Number: 3906456962918222
    *Expiration Date: 11/18/2011
    Purchased by Customer ID: 0 [Customer Name: N/A]
    Original Order Number: 0
    Initial Amount: 30.00
    Remaining Balance: 30.00
    Gift Card Type: Unknown
    E-Mail Body:

smg2 is offline Member

Hello, I'm hoping someone can tell me if this is a bug? I continue to get calls from confused customers. I posted the setting for the gift cert in my last reply. Note that these are not new voucher numbers - I created a large batch of them months ago, and people have been using them all along, until yesterday. Thank you!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Why is it that the type of gift card is UNKNOWN? It should either be: E-mail, Certificate, Physical. That could be the problem. Is that the only gift card you're having trouble with?

brightspectrum is offline Member

Did you get this issue resolved? We submitted this issue and a resolution to ASPDNS a couple years back. I can provide you with a fix for V7.
    Chidozie Bright
    Bright Spectrum Inc
    Bright Ideas. Creative Solutions