Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Gift Card Product Type IDs missing

gabe is offline Junior Member

Default Gift Card Product Type IDs missing

Hello,

I am attempting to add the gift card functionality to my site. Through the admin site under Product Types, the three Gift Card Types are missing. I tried to add them in and change the appconfig value to the new product ID numbers, but it still doesn't work. It appears on my site and customers can order it, but the gift card serial numbers that gets generated do not work and the Gift Card Email does not send an email message. If I click on them to edit under Gift Card Management I get a server error.

Is there a way to get the Gift cards back into the product types with their original product ID numbers? If we can will that fix the problem?

Thanks!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You can try re-running the part of the original DB create script that adds those product types in. Make sure you have a backup of the DB before you do that of course!

Code:
    set IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].ProductType ON;
    INSERT [dbo].ProductType(ProductTypeID,Name) values(1,'Generic Product');
    INSERT [dbo].ProductType(ProductTypeID,Name) values(2,'Kit Product');
    INSERT [dbo].ProductType(ProductTypeID,Name) values(100,'Gift Card Physical');
    INSERT [dbo].ProductType(ProductTypeID,Name) values(101,'Gift Card Email');
    INSERT [dbo].ProductType(ProductTypeID,Name) values(102,'Gift Card Certificate');
    set IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].ProductType OFF;

gabe is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the quick response. I don't believe I have access to the database to do that. Is there any other way to get this to work?

Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Have your host run those scripts for you, there's no other way.