Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Version 8.0.1.2 to 9.0 Sql Query Question..

akeller is offline Member

Default Version 8.0.1.2 to 9.0 Sql Query Question..

I am running the Version 8.0.1.2 to 9.0 query for our site and the query is going on an hour and ten minutes of execution time. So far the output is stuck on "Altering [dbo].[Customer]"

Has anyone else had this issue? I upgraded my dev and staging db with the script and it didn't take this long.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

How many customer records do you have? Are you storing CC information?

akeller is offline Member

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the reply. You are almost always one of the first to lend a hand when I need help! Its much appreciated.

Well we have about 50 thousand records in the customer table. The query finally went through to finish without a hitch. Heh, it actually went through 15 minutes after I posted this thread. Even with that many records, is that a normal run time?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You've got a huge customer records. Running the sql upgrade query depends on how fast your sql server is, it could have been a bit faster if you execute it locally (not remotely).