Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Anyone tried the new v9 service pack yet?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Default Anyone tried the new v9 service pack yet?

Has anyone installed the new v9 Service Pack yet?

I'm particularly interested to hear from developers who've installed it over their own fixes and changes...

Like many developers, we made a lot of code changes to the original 9.0.1.3 release in order to get it to a level where our clients could go live. I'm currently putting off the task of working through the Service Pack figuring out which changes might clash with those already made.

I guess I'm waiting for feedback from the forum on how good the service pack is before embarking on the upgrade route.

As always, real-world views and opinions appreciated.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Im with you webopius, I feel I at least know what I have now and what all fixed ive applied and think I may be better off not applying the service pack.

Jordan is offline Member

I plan to try it out as soon as I have access to the source code, but as yet I'm confused by the Service Pack moniker. It's odd to see a release without a version increment (9.0.1.3) also include a service pack (9.0.1.3 + SP)...

I'm not really sure what I'm downloading when I download something titled:

9.0.1.3 (With Source)
    Download C# Version

when my other account (which doesn't have source control) shows:

Full ML 9013 + Service Pack SP1 [No Source Code]

I recently started to upgrade my 8.x storefront to 9, but as we all know with 9.0.1.3, there were a lot of breaking bugs which are hopefully cleaned up with the new SP version. I'll report back once I get into it.

jo@vortx.com is offline Administrator

Jordan - if you log back into MyLicenses, you'll see we paid attention and made the download process a little more clear. I'm hoping that it will make life a little easier.
    Jo Benson
    COO
    Vortx / AspDotNetStorefront

xChuckr is offline Junior Member

My build is failing. Anyone else?
    Error: The type or namespace name 'VATCheck' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)\ASPDNSFCore\AppLogic.cs
    Line 567 AspDotNetStorefrontCore

The web reference for VATCheck appears in Solution Explorer. However, I get the following error if try to re-add it:
    There was an error downloading 'http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/api/checkVatPort?wsdl'.
    The remote name could not be resolved: 'prod2.taxud.cc.cec.eu.int'
    There was an error downloading 'http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/api/checkVatPort?wsdl/$metadata'.
    The request failed with [the error message is incomplete]

Any thoughts?
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.2

96spec is offline Member

We're planning to wait until the SP2 release before making a download of v9013 and spending about a week to test all functionalities before making a decision on applying the SP changes.

webopius is offline Senior Member

OK, I have now tried installing the service pack on a large site (over 100k products). Unfortunately, I didn't get very far. After installing the database upgrade the site froze.

I'm not sure if this was due to a new stored procedure in the service pack that was affected by the volume of products or if there was another fault.

Will try again over the weekend and let you know if we can get it to work.

Mike Sollars is offline Junior Member

Default MS 9.0.1.3 SP1 working, but lacks all fixes

We are working with MS 9.0.1.3 SP1, and have found that most of the same problems we were having still exist in SP1. That being said, it does run for us, and seems reasonably stable. Just a bunch of misc annoying issues.

We upgraded to MS two months ago, but have yet to feel comfortable enough to move our production site to it. It seems like a higher power is telling us to stay on v8 at this point.

In addition, like xChuckr, we are not able to make a new build. Thats going to throw a huge wrench in the works, and I haven't had time to look at the build issue yet. If it's a quick fix, could someone please let us know.

Thanks, Mike

xChuckr is offline Junior Member

OK. Just successfully rebuilt my web site with SP1. Have yet to do a bit of testing before putting it out on Production.

Looks like my main problem was that two references in AspDotNetStorefrontCore were broken: CMPCDotNet and eWorld.UI. I rebuilt their paths to their locations in bin by re-adding them.
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.2

McJoe is offline Member

Yes. Having few issues.

TopicTitle token doesn't work. There could be more. It has to do with the store id the topic was originally assigned to. SP1 changes the SQL and now the store ID has to match.

<%$ Tokens:TopicTitle, topicname%> doesn't work

doktorhallam is offline Member

Default very smooth update with sp1

Just wanted to take a second and offer some quick feedback on the SP1 upgrade process as I have experienced it so far.

The test site that I have done the upgrade to was sitting at a 9.0.1.2 level so I had to apply the 9.0.1.3 upgrade first. The site has only had a small number of minor modifications made (and all on general code, there is no source included on this particular site) so the entire process from 9.0.1.2 -> 9.0.1.3 -> sp1 was fairly quick and painless.

The actual application of sp1 was even far easier than any of the previous upgrades I have done to the storefront, (8.0.1.0 -> 8.0.1.2; 9.0.1.2 -> 9.0.1.3; and certainly FAR easier than an 8.0.x.x -> 9.0.x.x!!) so kudos for that!

Once I brought in the new files and persisted any code modifications I ran the db script and fired the site up. It kicked on right away and I did not experience any errors whatsoever. All of the functionality that I have looked at and tested so far has gone without issue. Some things I like are the file timestamp/version page in the admin and the new Store Maintenance page. Very nice and compact place for a lot of common setup tasks.

I will keep digging around and post back if I come across any issues but I have to say at this point the sp1 was very smooth and transparent and overall a quick and easy experience.

Granted that the site in question was only modified very slightly so the merge time involved was minimal, but from a straight "baseline" perspective I had no difficulties whatsoever.

Dimmer is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by xChuckr View Post
    My build is failing. Anyone else?
    Error: The type or namespace name 'VATCheck' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)\ASPDNSFCore\AppLogic.cs
    Line 567 AspDotNetStorefrontCore

The web reference for VATCheck appears in Solution Explorer. However, I get the following error if try to re-add it:
    There was an error downloading 'http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/api/checkVatPort?wsdl'.
    The remote name could not be resolved: 'prod2.taxud.cc.cec.eu.int'
    There was an error downloading 'http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/api/checkVatPort?wsdl/$metadata'.
    The request failed with [the error message is incomplete]

Any thoughts?

I just loaded a clean V9 SP1 and it doesnt compile for the above reasons, not a good start. Do I now have to spend even more time cleaning up the code and fixing the errors.

AAaaaaaaaaaaarrghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    Alan
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.1.0.0/7.1.1.0 - with modifications
    www.stuff-uk.net

Dimmer is offline Member

I am using the vb.net versiomn

VAT check Error
    Simply update the webreference to VATcheck in aspdotnetstorefrontcore

The others simply require a rebuild or two in the corrcet order.

SagePayments.vb TRANSACTION_PROCESSING is not defined

Change Imports AspDotNetStorefrontGateways.SagePaymentsAPI
    to Imports SagePaymentsAPI

et Voila
    Alan
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.1.0.0/7.1.1.0 - with modifications
    www.stuff-uk.net

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I had reproduced this also after doing a couple of experiments. In AspDotNetStorefrontCore Project -> web reference, make sure the 'checkVatPort' is there.

i.e.
    Name:  vatcheck.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  7.3 KB

If you've downloaded only the 'ML 9013 Service Pack SP1 only [w/VB.NET Source Code]' build, the 'checkVatPort.wsdl' file isn't there since we made no changes to it. You could just copy it from the previous v9013 build.

It is located in ASPDNSFCore\Web References\VATCheck folder, see below.
    Name:  vatdirectory.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  11.8 KB