Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Can't resize images

Joey P is offline Member

Default Can't resize images

It's been a while since I've added something to my site, so I could just be missing something here.

I added a new category, added two products to it. I originally added a large image to the Large Image section of the product. All the images (including the icon) were the same size...large. I manually resized the images, reuploaded them and they still all came out large.
    What I just did now seems like it's starting to work. I've uploaded a small icon picture and bigger medium picture. That gives me the correct sized icon and the correct size picture on the page. However, clicking on the picture pulls up a blank window and if I upload something into the large image area, it will change all the pictures to that one (both image and size).
    My Appconfig is set to False for resize images, I'm worried that if I change it to True, it's going to mess with all the other images that were previously uploaded (and working properly) by my designer.

It's worth noting that all the other images around the site have all three sizes working fine.

Joey P is offline Member

Another quick question. On these new items that I just added, I'm getting the following lines on the web pages.

Exception=Invalid parameter specification (Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).)
    Exception=Invalid parameter specification (Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).)

Actually, now that I look, it's on all my product pages.
    Any thoughts?

Joey P is offline Member

Default Yet another question...

Might as well keep these all in the same thread.

I'm using a kit item for the first time. I've haven't decided if I'm going to keep this item as a kit or not. It's a gift box that comes with three high end chocolate bars. I'm trying to decide if I want the customer to be able to chose which ones they want, of if I'm going to just leave it up to my employee to grab three random ones.

From what I can see, in order for a kit item to work , three things have to be in place...1)Product Type has to be Kit. 2)XmlPackage has to be set to Kit and 3)Is a Kit has to be set to yes. My question is, if I were to change this to not being a kit (Type=Generic, different XML package, Is a Kit=No) will all my kit settings stay the same. That is, if one day I decide I want it back to being a kit, will I have to redo all my drop down boxes or will they still be there?

dvdbglw is offline Member

Default RE: Image Resizing

There are two other AppConfig Parameters that need set. Those are LargeCreatesOthers and LargeOverwritesOthers. Setting them both to false, should allow you to upload 1 image at a time to either icon, medium or large without affecting the others.

RE: Invalid parameter specification, I'm not sure yet on that one.

Joey P is offline Member

David, that worked. To the best of my knowledge, it didn't resize any images already in place. I like it this way more since there are some products that for one reason or another, I don't want the consumer to be able to blow up to large size.

The invalid exception appears to be a caching issue of some kind. Another thread in the forums had a similar error and clearing cookies fixed the issue for them.

In this case, I found a page throwing the error, changed the XmlPackage, went back to the page, refreshed it and the error was gone. I then put the XmlPackage back to what it was when the error was thrown and refreshed the page. No more error.

Gotta love the random errors.

Joey P is offline Member

Thanks Dave. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it shows back up. At least it didn't seem to cause a problem with purchasing anything.

The invalid parameter specification in our case has been fixed. If anyone else has a similar situation, present it to support. They helped us fix the error.