Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: QuickBooks Integration

George Mitchell is offline Member

Question QuickBooks Integration

Hi Folks,

I have a prospect that wants some assurance that AspDotNetStorefront integrates well with QuickBooks. I have only one installation of ADNSF and it is a special "members only union store". They really didn't need a link with an accounting package due to low volume. They mostly do things like pay dues, make health benefit contributions or buy a couple of T-shirts a few times a year. I did have to modify the Google Checkout code in ADNSF to accomodate two bank accounts which was a pain but that is another story.

Anyway it seems to me that trying to set up a free trial with a link to QB might not be too practical. Is that too pessimistic?

Also what is your recommended accounting package link? Is T-HUB still OK or is eBridge the way to go? eBridge looks a little pricy, not so? Also am I correct in my understanding that T_HUB accounting package integration is a file transfer sort of process where eBridge is real time?

Thanks,
    G.M.

jjdunkel is offline Member

I've used T-Hub in the past and it works pretty well. It is a seperate program that downloads order information via xml then imports it into quickbooks, and can be scheduled or repeated as many times as you like (basically what real-time is). T-Hub has a couple software levels based on what features you want.

I don't have any experience with eBridge, but the description made it sound like a hosted service(anyone correct me if i'm wrong) and I didn't go any further in the conversation with the rep after finding out the, in my opinion, rather high monthly cost which was above the budget of the project i was working on.

George Mitchell is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjdunkel View Post
    I've used T-Hub in the past and it works pretty well...
    Thanks for the reply on this. T-Hub sounds like it fits my situation. I don't think the customer is going to want to spend a lot of money on a "real" real time solution.

If anyone has any thing to say about eBridge, I would appreciate any enlightenment for future reference.

mikecatalfamo is offline Junior Member

Default eBridge Software - Some Information

Hi There,
    The current eBridge architecture is a hybrid model with a hosted portion that connects to the Storefront and a software application that communicates with the accounting/ERP system. Changes/enhancements to the API as made by APSDotNet Storefront are handled by eBridge and included in the cost of the solution and there are no transaction fees on volume of transactions (size of, or number of orders). Software upgrades to the accounting system (QuickBooks) are also included. I encourage you to consider the total cost of ownership of the solution over time when investigating the integration solutions.

eBridge also connects to edi trading partners, and 3PL warehouses among others and works with you to make sure the integration solution matches your business process and is not dictated by other out-of-the-box solutions.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out.

Mike Catalfamo
    Technical Sales Engineer, eBridge Software
    www.ebridgeconnections.com